1.1 By entering the Competition You hereby accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
1.2 The Competition is open to all art students, but not Professional Photographers. A “Professional Photographer” is a person who is engaged in the business of taking finished still, motion picture or electronically recorded photographs and earns the majority of their income from this business. An amateur engages in photography as a hobby or study of the profession and does not earn a viable income nor has a business set up in order to earn a majority of their income from photography.
1.3 Entries must be submitted by 11.59:59pm (GMT) on Monday 8th May, 2010.
1.4 By entering the Competition, You agree and acknowledge that the Hungarian Cultural Centre (HCC) is permitted to receive Your registration data. All personal information will be used only in connection with the competition unless you agree otherwise.
2. To enter, You must e-mail Your image via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, In your entry e-mail you must include a small explanation (cca 150 words) on how you believe your photo connects with the original Szasz image, and your phone number – so we can inform you if your picture is selected or you are the winner. Also, you must include a credit line for each photo you submit. The subject of the e-mail shall read: SZASZ – OPEN CALL – YOUR NAME.
3.1 Entries will be judged by the HCC judge panel between the 8th May 2010 and the 13th May 2010.
3.2 Selected images of photographers will be chosen and announced from the 13rd May 2010 and these pictures will be part of the Szasz Exhibition of the HCC.
3.3 The overall winner of HCC Szasz Photography Competition will be notified by email and will receive return flights to Budapest (economy class) and hotel accommodation for one person, for 4+1 consecutive nights between August 5-9, 2010.
3.4 The decision of the HCC judge panel is final and no negotiation will be entered into with respect to any such decision.
4.1 HCC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted on the Website. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
4.1.1 You are the sole owner and author of each Entry
4.1.2 You have the right to make Your entry available to the Competition
4.1.3 Each Entry does not contain personally identifiable information about You or any other person(s)
4.1.4 Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content
4.1.5 Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
4.1.6 Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and Your Entry does not include:
220.127.116.11 trademarks owned by third parties
18.104.22.168 copyrighted materials owned by third parties (including movie dialogue or musical compositions)
22.214.171.124 names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead
4.1.7 Entries which contain any directly commercial content that promotes any product or service
4.2 You agree to fully indemnify HCC in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
4.3 You confirm that each person depicted in the Entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
5.1 If You are under 16, You have Your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to participate in the Competition.
5.2 If HCC does not receive a valid signed parental or legal guardian consent form for any winner under the age of 16 within 7 clear days of the contestant being declared a winner (excluding the day on which such declaration is made by HCC) HCC will be entitled to select an alternative winner from among the contestants.
7.1 HCC recognizes You, the author of the image, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry.
7.2 All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by HCC, and its Event Partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of the above mentioned events only, for a maximum of three years after the exhibition opening on 13th May, 2010. You hereby grant HCC a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world for three years in all media for any use connected to the promotion of HCC events and/or competitions, including, but not limited too:
(a) judging the Competition
(b) displaying the winning entries and runners up at public exhibitions promoting HCC and organised by HCC
(c) inclusion within the HCC Website, Blog, magazine or similar
(d) inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition and / or any exhibition organised by HCC, in the promotion of the HCC
(e) inclusion on Competition- and exhibition-related products to be sold by the HCC or any third party following the individual agreement by the author
(f) sub-licencing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition
(g) allowing viewers of the Website to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone and store such pages in electronic form on disk or on a PDA or mobile telephone (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for their personal, non-commercial use only. Please also refer to clause 9.
8. Any photograph used by HCC shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as HCC uses its reasonable endeavours to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.
9. You acknowledge that is Your responsibility for protecting any Entry against image misuse by any third party, for example, but not limited to the insertion of a watermark. HCC and its Event Partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
10. HCC assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, and HCC assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. HCC assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries. HCC is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to HCC on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, HCC assumes no responsibility.
11. In no event will HCC, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, Event Partners, its advertising or promotion agencies, or its officers, directors, employees, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the Website or Blog. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website or Blog is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
12. You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of Your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
13. All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in media and an exhibition should the image be required.
14. There are no cash alternatives available for prize winners.
15. Winners will be announced online and may also be notified by e-mail and/or telephone.